The Regina Hungarian Cultural and Social Club, located at 1925 McAra Street, first opened in 1922. It was established for the purpose of keeping Hungrian heritage and culture alive in Regina. The Club moved to its current location in 1963, where it was expanded in 1982. It is home to the Balaton Ballroom and the Regina Balaton Hungarian Dancers. The Regina Hungarian community is a small but strong one, with 300 currently registered members of the club. The members of the Regina Hungarian Club work to keep our heritage and culture alive and well through several functions each year, including Mosaic, the Harvest Festival, the Western Canadian Hungarian Folk Dance Festival, rememberances for important events in Hungary’s history, and support for the Regina Balaton Hungarian Dancers.