Musical instrument experts, makers and dealers — In July of 1890, 23-year-old Mihály Reményi opened his tiny violin shop in his native city of Budapest, Hungary, after passing the rigorous guild examinations needed to obtain his status as “master violin maker”. Reményi soon became the country’s largest music house, appointed as suppliers to the Royal Court and major musical institutions throughout Austria-Hungary. Surviving two world wars and economic & political upheavals, the business was confiscated in 1951 when the communist regime terminated private enterprise. The firm was re-established by Zoltán Reményi upon immigrating to Canada in 1959. Today, the Remenyi building presents three floors of quality pianos, string instruments and accessories, repair shops, and the Music Bookstore, specializing in sheet music and educational materials. Musicians, music lovers, and distinguished artists from around the world visit The House which is still operated by the founder’s grandson, Michael E. Remenyi and his wife Rosa.