The Reformed Church is, in terms of numbers, the largest denomination in Hungary, after the Roman Catholic Church. The Calvinist trend of the Reformation in Hungary adopted two confessions at Debrecen in 1567: the Heidelberg Catechism, and the Second Helvetian Confession. The existence of the Reformed Church in Hungary dates from this Debrecen Synod of 1567. Among the Presbyterian churches it is the only one that has had, and still has, bishops in additions to general curators (lay presidents) at the head of Church Districts. At present the registered number of Reformed Hungarians world-wide is about three and a half million. Of these, some two million live in Hungary.