Transylvanian Reformed Church District
The history of the Reformed Church in Transylvania (a region of Romania) is closely connected with the history of the Reformed Church in Hungary. At an early date (1541-1550) the Reformation took roots in the Hungarian speaking population. Though various influences were at work, Reformed theology soon began to dominate. In 1559 the Synod of Marosvásárhely adopted the Reformed teaching on the Lord's Supper and in 1564 the Reformed and Lutheran churches separated. Therefore this year 1564 can be considered as the year of birth of the Church. The Reformed Church of Romania is organized in two districts - the Transylvanian District and the District of "Királyhágómellék". They have a common Synod for legislative purposes but independent administration.
The link address is: http://www.reformatus.ro/nyelvek/angol/index.htm