In 1922, the Banater Athletic Club organized. Even in the early years, soccer teams made great strides. In 1939 after a failed merger of all of the German Hungarian clubs, the Club’s membership decided to change names to The United German Hungarians of Philadelphia and Vicinity. In 1946, a country property was acquired, and in 1965, the present clubhouse in Oakford, Bensalem Township, became the permanent home. Along with Soccer, dance has always been an important part of the Club’s social life. Throughout the years those in charge have brought not only cultural and ethnic music and performers, but also popular entertainment to the Club. The youth of the Sport Club soon started to perform various German, Austrian and Hungarian dances.